- Had a chance to do some load testing of our app in Fitbit. Originally considered three options: JMeter and ab. The first one seems to be cool however it does not really support non-blocking IO. The second one does but I had lots of problems with OAuth proxies for it. Unexpectedly Gatling appeared on the horizon. It’s an amazing tool which gave me an opportunity to practice in Scala a bit. Described some of my experience here.
- Finished “Learning How to Learn” MOOC on Coursera. My opinion can be found here.
- Finished “Hadoop Platform and Application Framework” MOOC on Coursera.
- Continued reading “Mastering Apache Cassandra – Second Edition” and playing with Cassandra more deeply.
- Continued internal Fitbit course on business emails. Many thanks to Kate Yatskevich
- Started experimenting with my time. Waking up at 4-5 am and getting sleep at 10 pm seems to be fun.