- How do PreparedStatements work in MySQL – nice introduction into things I’ve never thought of.
- WrapAround pattern – good description of the useful pattern. It’s fun to see something similar in the codebase of your project and then to find a name for it.
- Retryable operation – simple implementation for the operations you would like to retry. Java 8 can definitely make things simpler
- @Any and @Default CDI annotations introduction
- A long-long list of Java best practices. I don’t agree with it 100% but still worth looking.
- Visited JokerConf 2015 in St. Petersburg. Amazingly useful and practical conference.
- One company proposed me to prepare Magnolia CMS course for their internal needs. So spent a bunch of sleepless nights on this one.
- System.out.format. Never met this one before but can be really useful instead of concatenation in System.out.
- JUnit ErrorCollector. Nice class in JUnit tests when you would like to accumulate several errors and display these at once.
@Rule public ErrorCollector collector = new ErrorCollector(); ... collector.addError(new IllegalArgumentException("Message"));