At some point I’ve promised to share a list of podcasts with the colleague of mine. Here is it. This list includes the following ones (in the order of preference):
- The Java Posse – surprisingly pretty much the only non-Oracle Java podcast available. Pretty informative and useful.
- The Groovy & Grails Podcast – the only running podcast I know about Groovy/Grails ecosystem. Somewhat unregular the last year.
- Software Engineering Radio – a non-frequent podcast about various topics on software development. Sometimes it’s useful, sometimes – pretty boring.
- The Java Spotlight Podcast – another alive Java podcast provided by Oracle. Sometimes you can get interesting information on new Java technologies.
Linux & Open Source
- Linux Outlaws – pretty much the best podcast out of the whole list across all sections. Very opinionated, lots of swearing, lots of live and energy in it. I like it so much,
- Linux Lifestyle – continuation of the Tux Radar podcast which I really love.
- The Linux Action Show! – informative and regular podcast on Linux. Has American style of podcast production which is not very appealing to my belarussian heart. Still full of good-quality contents.
- Linux Unplugged – aimed to discuss things which can’t get into The Linux Action Show! due to the format.
- BSD Now – a regular podcast about different flavours of BSD systems. The show is really cool because it’s hosted by the real developers of this OS,
- FLOSS Weekly – weekly show about the wide variety of open source projects
- Best in Trance – a compilation of various trance podcasts. Deluxe Accommodations is from Dj Cogswell is absolutely my favourite music podcast.
- Hospital Records – a pretty cool and regular Drum’n’Bass update
- Above & Beyond: Group Therapy – weekly trance update from Above & Beyond. They’re good.
- RLN.FM – a pretty interesting internet radio which stands on the libertarian and conservative positions and aims listeners who live on the ex-USSR territory.